Position: Structural Engineer
Sector: Residential Development
Location: Gerrard’s Cross, Buckinghamshire
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 + Package - DOE
This is a unique opportunity to join a prestigious architectural and structural engineering consultancy on a permanent basis. You will be a key player within a well-established team of industry experts.
Fast growing Architectural & Property Development practice that prides itself on delivering high quality design solutions primarily in the luxury residential sector. Due to an increased workload, they are now looking to grow the practice and an exciting opportunity has been created for a skilled Senior Structural Engineer to join the team in Gerrards Cross.
You will sit on the senior leadership team and be responsible for a leading the structural department. This will involve creating the Structural Design, Feasibility Studies and offering on-site solutions. You will liaise with both the CAD team and the Directors in order to ensure that a committed service is offered on all projects. This dynamic role will be responsible for liaising with clients, construction site managers and building control authorities as well as the internal stakeholders in the office.
You will ideally be a Chartered Engineer, or at least have a minimum of 3 years UK residential structural design experience having performed in a similar role previously. You will be attending site and client meetings, preparing structural calculations with solutions, liaising with the other senior staff, spending time on site and mentoring fresh graduates to the business.
- MEng in Civil/Structural Engineering or a first degree in a relevant discipline
- Successful track record working with UK building structures and infrastructure design
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Proficient working in AutoCAD.
- Experience working with Teklar, WinDES, Revit, Civils 3D, PDS, or equivalent design software
- Experience with designing houses, e.g. foundations, drains, basements, piling, steel structures, reinforced concrete, roofing etc
- Chartered Membership/Associate Membership of the IStructE or ICE
You will receive a competitive salary as well as enjoying working in an idyllic rural office setting. You will have developments and training opportunities, excellent holidays, a varied workload and a clear path to progress. Further benefits and bonuses are available for the right candidate who can assist the company with its rapid growth plans.
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply via the link below for a quick response.
Tom Perkin – Director, Unite People Ltd