A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an M&E Quantity Surveyor to join one of the most exciting projects growing in the City at the moment with an award-winning and reputable developer with an excellent reputation. They operate within the London region and have an enviable development portfolio. This role is reporting to the Commercial Manager and based on site and will form part of the project Commercial team. You will work closely with the Design, Planning, and Construction teams as and when necessary.
In this role you will be responsible for all surveying activity in relation to M&E packages including;
- Produce and provide accurate forecasts of project cost to completion and final value
- Preparing tender packages for M&E subcontract works
- Continually monitor projected costs to completion in line with budget
- Manage the subcontract tender process, including the selection of sub-contractors and provision of all relevant contract and schedule documentation
- Ensure that each sub-contractors account is managed strictly in accordance with their terms and conditions
- Vetting tenders and placing sub contract orders for various M&E packages
- Variations and claims - facilitate the resolution of disputes relating to outstanding payments to subcontractors and creditors
- Producing monthly contract reports detailing current status of the M&E contracts, including cashflow forecasts and liabilities
Provide input in construction project commercial/legal/strategic meetings
- Must have experience in the residential sector
- Must be happy to travel in and around the London region.
- Background in Construction or Building & ability to read drawings / plans
- Experience of M&E Quantity Surveying and financial knowledge of construction costs.
- An understanding of contracts and the tender process as well as being able to read drawings and understand contracts and legal issues.
- Experience in procurement, commercial governance, risk & opportunity management, and cost forecasting & reporting.
- Understanding of contracts & of legal issues pertaining to contracts
- Knowledge of tender process
- Bachelor's degree in Quantity Surveying.
- Extensive experience in the Quantity Surveying of MEP services
- Exposure to lift installations and ancillary service packages associated with high value projects would be advantageous
- Knowledge of the M&E market including costs of labour & resources and the M&E product market