As part of a well-established team the successful applicant will have a fantastic opportunity to develop their design management skills and gain experience working on some of London's larger, more iconic schemes which will enhance their career prospects.
- Produce agree and manage, with all relevant parties, a realistic design programme and information required schedule to satisfy design, procurement and construction requirements.
- Manage the design on site with where appropriate the assistance of other site based resource implementing the design management procedures to ensure the timely production of information.
- Ensure that all design deliverables are reviewed to establish they are within budget, are fully coordinated and are buildable
- Where nominated control design change process management.
- Provide guidance to the project team on design related issues.
- Identify design requirements for the bid from the clients brief
- Develop and compile the design proposals for inclusion within the contractors documentation
- Appoint the design team, agree schedules of responsibilities and fee agreements for services/design deliverables and resourcing requirements
- Manage the Design Team, the design development and design review process
- Manage and monitor design delivery against agreed deliverable dates, and report to SDM on performance issues
- Be responsible for developing the design programme with consultants and planner for bids or projects.
- Previous residential construction experience
- Knowledge of design delivery process and procedures gained through successful experience of design and design co-ordination role for projects.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and how it relates to design implementation.
- Knowledge of appropriate design standards and procedures.
- Relevant degree qualifications