Our client, a well established rail and civil engineering contractor, is looking for a Health and Safety Advisor to join its growing team based out of their head office in London.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Establish and promote best practice in safety, health, environmental, sustainability and quality (SHESQ) matters in conjunction with the SHESQ department.
- Advise and support Managers and Supervisors to discharge their responsibilities for the SHESQ of employees and others to whom they have a duty as defined by Legislation and Company Procedures.
- Ensure that all personnel are aware of their statutory duties and responsibilities, and to provide advice as and when required.
- Support site management teams to ensure compliance with all requirements stipulated in the Construction Phase Health and Safety Plan, Environmental Management Plan and Quality Management Plan.
- Carry out regular inspections of sites and work places to determine whether work is being carried out in accordance with Company Policy, Procedures and the relevant Statutory Provisions.
- Carry out accident/incident investigations in accordance with the Company Accident/Incident Reporting procedure and, analysing all data, making recommendations to avoid any reoccurrences
- Review SHESQ statistics to identify trends and areas for improvement. Develop and implement Project / SHESQ campaigns and improvement plans in agreement with the SHESQ Manager
- Assist in the preparation & review of project H&S documents including risk assessments and those of 3rd parties. Provide support to Project Managers in the development of Project Quality Plans and Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs).
- Produce Contract Environmental Management Plans, Site Waste Management Plans, Local Yard Environmental Procedures and other contract specific environmental plans and/ or site-specific environmental instruction.
- Identify significant environmental impacts for contracts/ yards and help set-up contracts/ yards to include appropriate controls.
- Identify any environmental consents/ permits or exemptions that are required and ensure they are obtained.
- Maintain records as necessary to ensure compliance with Legislation, Company procedures and Contract Requirements
- Provide reports, presentations and information as directed by the SHESQ Manager
- Carry out site inductions and other training as required.
- Support the H&S Manager in the delivery of the Group Audit Programme.
- Undertake internal Project audits as required.
- Providing input into pre-qualification, tender and SHESQ award submissions
- Stopping work with the agreement of the Project Manager any time SHESQ management of the works is in question
- Participate in the work of safety committees and joint consultations affecting the workforce as required.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- NEBOSH Certificate in Construction Safety & Health or NVQ Level 3 in Occ. Safety & Health or equivalent
- Associate Certificate in Environmental Management (IEMA)/ NEBOSH Environmental Certificate
- Member of IEMA / IOSH or Similar
- CSCS Card
- Full Driving Licence