Site Supervisor - Highways - Civils
Temp / Perm - Immediate
We are recruiting experienced Highways Supervisors and Managers for long term work in Yorkshire & North East on major frameworks.
You will be working for an award winning, innovative highways contractor who deliver civils packages to a very high standard as well as investing time and resource into their staff.
- Road widening
- Operating on Live carriageways
- Junction improvements
- Installation of VRS / Barriers
- Traffic Management
Duties & responsibilities
- Inductions, pre-start briefings, toolbox talks
- Weekly site inspections
- Manage all sub-contractors and site visitors and ensure their safety
- Check required level of competency for operatives to carry out their role efficiently / safely
- Ensure all works are carried out to the required specification and standard
- Raise near misses and safety observations
- Ensure that all plant & machinery provided for the works is suitable and that it is in good working order
- Complete weekly plant return for plant under their remit
- Site related paperwork, electronic daily diary, Wages sheets
- Efficient ordering of Plant & Materials
- Ability to read and interpret site drawings and specifications. Ability to effectively communicate both written and orally
- Effectively and efficiently plan, organise and direct site operatives to ensure programmes and deadlines are met.
- Multiskilled in all aspects of civils works
- CSCS supervisor Card
- CPCSTraining in Excavators/Dupers/Rollers and/or HIAB
- Ability to tow trailers
- Ability to read plans and drawings
- Good IT skills
If you feel you have the necessary skills and would like to know more about this position, please apply by submitting your CV.