Permanent Site Engineer - Regional Contractor (Civils) - Midlands
My client, a Regional Civil Engineering contractor, is currently looking to recruit a Site Engineer to join the business on a permanent basis due to an increased workload and full forward order-book within the region.
The successful Site Engineer will benefit from working on a range of civil infrastructure projects across the Midlands. Projects include s278 & s38 works, Local Authority road schemes and major highway works on behalf of Highways England, Environment Agency schemes.
Project values will range from £500k - £20M.
- Establishing primary site control
- Setting out & surveying
- Check drawings and quantities as well as reading designs.
- Liaise with sub-contractors and any consultants engaged in the project.
- Supervise and monitor the progress and quality of work produced by site labour force and sub-contractors when required
- Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
- Introduce improvements and innovation where possible.
- 3 years+ experience as a Site Engineer
- Formal qualification preferred - e.g. HND in construction related discipline ideal
- Experience working on Civil Infrastructure projects i.e. Highways, Local Authority roads, 278 packages etc.
- Prior experience using AutoCAD is preferred
- Committed, Enthusiastic, Strong work ethic, Independent thinker
- CSCS Card.
- Salary will be competitive & dependent upon experience
- Car Allowance or Company Vehicle
- Fuel card