We are currently recruiting for a Tunnel Sub Agent / Shift Manager to work on one of the most high profile schemes in Europe. Must have extensive experience of working on SCL Projects.
Purpose of the job
The Tunnel Sub-Agent (sprayed concrete lining) is responsible for all tunnelling operations, including managing the tunnel pit boss and yard foremen (shift superintendents), shift engineers and lead miners on the capacity upgrade construction site.
Accountabilities / Key responsibilities
1. Act as Person in Charge for all tunnelling works on site.
2. Ensure and enable safe and efficient execution of the works.
3. Attend Daily Review Meeting, agree and deliver briefing.
4. Responsible for all activities on shift including the surface and underground construction supply chain.
5. Ensure and enable start of shift safety briefings, method statements, activity plans and constantly monitors safety.
6. Ensure and enable morning briefings to workforce.
7. Carry out compliance checks.
8. Manage resources and underground logistics.
9. Manage all plant and equipment.
10. Liaise with Tunnel Agent
11. Ensure all certificates, assurance and compliance certificates are generated and collated.
12. Ensure that CDM regulations and other Health and Safety legislation is complied with.
13. Ensure compliance with requirements outlined in the capacity upgrade environmental and Tunnel Management plans.
Experience, knowledge, qualifications & training
Extensive tunnel experience including sprayed concrete lining (SCL)
Comprehensive experience with a Civil Engineering Contractor on large infrastructure or tunnelling contracts.
Educated to degree Level
Site Manager Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS).
Have demonstrable experience of leadership, building and motivating teams.
Experience of effective problem solving on major tunnelling projects.
Have excellent organisational skills and the ability to plan ahead and manage own time.
CSCS Card (Black).
Hold a Tunnel Safety Card.
First Aid Training Certificate.
Confined Space Training Certificate