Senior Quantity Surveyor - Lancashire - Civil Engineering: £50 - £60k + Car & Package
I am currently recruiting a Senior Quantity Surveyor for a Regional Civil Engineering contractor based in Lancashire.
My Client have been operating in the North West for over 25 years and have a healthy order book of work, recently securing 3 x new projects hence the reason they are looking to add to their Commercial Team.
The successful candidate will have experience working for a Civil Engineering contractor and ideally have experience within Highways / Infrastructure / Public Realm & Utilities Projects.
As the Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will report to a visiting/supporting Commercial Manager. You are responsible for ensuring the commercial success of the contract. Typical duties will include;
- Prepare and analyse project costings for tenders, such as materials, quantities, labour, and time
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client
- Negotiate contracts and work schedules
- Allocate work to subcontractors and oversee their work at all stages of the construction
- Perform risk, value management, and cost control during construction
- Advise on a procurement strategy
- Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks
- Provide advice on any potential contractual claims and disputes
- Analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports
- Value completed work, oversee bills and arrange payments
- Maintain awareness of the contract
- Return a profit to the business
Skills & Experience
Ideally you will have 5 years+ as a Project Quantity Surveyor in the civils sector, with a track record working for a reputable firms.
- Must be University or college-educated in a Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering, or Construction subject.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years relevant experience (As a Senior/ Project Quantity Surveyor in Civil Engineering)
- Must be happy to work on different sites and travel in and around Northampton.
- Should have experience overseeing similar types of contracts
- Should be a self-starter with lots of drive
- Should be good with people, a good communicator & natural collaborator
- Could have experience overseeing Civil Engineering & Infrastructure contracts within the Rail/ Tunnels/Bridgers/ Roads and Highways
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more, please apply via the link below for a quick response.