Are you looking for a role as a Senior Estimator?
Our client requires a Senior Estimator with experience of pricing works within the utilities sector - a person who is willing and able to become an integral part of a successful long-term contract delivery team. The project values will typically range from £200k to £15m. Based at main office, with options to work from home.
Your role as a senior estimator:
- Compile top-down budgets and estimates from first principles in-line with the client's guidelines and procedures, by the due deadlines.
- First principles build-ups should clearly, concisely & confidently illustrate all assumptions / calculations regarding; outputs, labour, plant, materials, management, site set up and subcontract elements.
- Organise, manage and contribute to 'Risk & Opportunity' schedules, meetings and workshops
- Contribute to the construction of outline tender programmes, and be able to use the programme to establish production rates and efficiency's.
- Organise and lead tender handover meetings.
- Maintain an appropriate awareness of changing criteria regarding; statutory requirements / new legislation.
- Have a good understanding of; NEC3 terms and conditions, CESMM and NRSWA / HAUC highway specifications.
What you will require:
- Must have good estimating knowledge of electrical cabling, equipment, sub-station and associated civils / building, within electrical compounds and public highways.
- Must understand the utilities market.
- Good excel skills with willingness to embrace and adopt other prescribed estimating software.
- Must have good communication skills at all levels, with ability to build good working relationships with client.
- Able to manage limited time and resources (others), to meet often challenging deadlines.
If you think this is the Senior Estimator role for you, please call Samantha Sebo on 07825 813432.