Senior Estimator - Civil Engineering
London / Kent
£80,000 - £85,000 pa
I am in the market for a Senior Estimator to work for a key client of mine within the Civil Engineering sector working on numerous projects based in the South East.
As a Senior Estimator you responsible for compiling cost estimates of how much it will cost to provide a client or potential client with a product or service outlined in their scope of works. You will be able to provide comprehensive and accurate quantities and budgets for Labour, plant and materials needed to complete a project. You are also expected to identify and mitigate project risks and opportunities for review during bid settlements.
- Review and form an in depth understanding of the project from the Invitation to Tender documents.
- Preparation of Bill of Quantities and any take off to either populate or as a checking exercise.
- Identify and collate any subcontract, materials and specialist plant enquiry packages to supplement into tender as required.
- Pricing all directly deliverable or as necessary elements of estimates from first principles
- Identify operational and commercial risk within the project and ensure adequate allowance has been made within the commercial submission.
- Collate and submit to the client any Tender Queries within the prescribed periods outlined in the ITT documents when applicable.
- Undertake post tender negotiations to ensure the project is secured. Any other reasonable requests as required by Management
- It is expected that all of your behaviours and day to day activities will be underpinned by the blu-3 company core values
In order to qualify for this role you must have:
- A minimum of 5 years experience within an Estimating position
- Experience working on civil engineering projects
- Sufficient experience working with estimating software packages
- Must have an in depth understanding of Standard Method of Measurement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you are interested in the role or would like to have a confidential conversation regarding the commercial market please get in contact on the details below:
Telephone: 020 3892 7852
Mobile: 07825 324 110