I am currently looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join one of my Tier 1 clients. They are a national contractor with a build and civils division with an overall turnover of close to £950m. They are looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join their Commercial team which will be based out of Wakefield.
The ideal candidate will have experience on civils, highways and infrastructure projects and will also have the desire to progress within the company. They offer a fantastic work environment and package to their employees.
Your role as a Quantity Surveyor:
- Establishing good relationships with the client's team
- Set up necessary systems with defined roles and responsibilities to efficiently file and retrieve information
- Overseeing all aspects of Subcontractor accounts
- Understand, manage, forecast, and communicate project costs
- Prepare monthly forecast and CVR reports.
- Provide explanation if changes in forecast
- Hold relevant qualifications (BSc Civil Engineering / BSc Quantity Surveying)
- Competent in core skills - measurements, costs, recognising change, budgeting, forecasting and reconciliations
- Able to work on own initiative within a strong commercial team
- Excellent communicator
- £45,000 - £55,000 DOE
- Bonus Scheme paid in 2 increments
- Car Allowance
- Holiday days