P6 Planner - Civil Engineering
A superb opportunity to join a leading UK main contractor. Working regionally you will be working a part of a strong management team on major Design & Build projects within the civil Engineering sector.
- Involvement with Site Team in all aspects of project planning, programming and progress monitoring, including information flow, procurement, and site works.
- To liaise with the Client, subcontractors, suppliers and designers on all matters relating to planning, and to attend and contribute to site meetings and other associated meetings.
- Assist in the management of change in regards of impact on programmes and progress.
- Provide the planning service on tenders and projects
- Attend pre-contract meeting to explain the planning aspects of the contract.
- Office based or site based as an integral part of the bid or project teams.
- Monitor and prepare a progress report on the project programme.
- Maintain look ahead programmes and advise on implications to both Client & Project Team.
- Consider and discuss alternatives with the Project Manager.
- Advise and liaise with in-house temporary work and design engineers of project requirements.
- Contribute to Risk Assessment and review of programme and method
- Implement Company procedures.
- Appraise, co-ordinate and integrate subcontract and design programmes.
- Maintain the as-built programme, be able to tell the story of what happened and why
- Asta Power Project Experience or Primavera P6 Experience / Syncro
- Appropriate Degree (desirable) / HNC (minimum).
- CSCS card required.
- Extensive industry experience in Construction
- Ability to communicate the planning strategy for a complex programme to the wider team to ensure accuracy of information.
- Experience of working within a collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of Project Controls including earned value and schedule risk analysis.
- Other software Microsoft applications including Excel, Powerpoint, Word is desirable
- Travel allowance
Should you feel you have the necessary experience for this role please apply by submission of your CV.