Are you looking for a role as a Highways Supervisor?
As the Highways Supervisor you will plan, and co-ordinate works and be the main contact point for the client and/or 'Contacts Manager'. You will take responsibility for the safety, quality and environmental elements of their work sites and the welfare of the employees therein. Therefore, you will need to work as part of a team and express excellent communication skills. You will work considerately and take into account the requirements of customers: road users and the communities you work in.
- Liaise and develop a good business relationship with the client
- Keep CM and QS informed of any changes to works scope, programme, issues preventing works being carried out in line with tendered outputs so EWN and CE can be raised
- Survey potential works and submit reports to the commercial department for pricing when instructed to do so by the CM
- Co-ordinate site works in accordance with the instructions of the client and their Contracts Manager. Keep the associated Site Works Plans / Project Management Plans and Construction phase plans up to date
- Ensure all work is carried out in line with CDM 2015
- Carry out weekly site inspections and submit associated paperwork
- Effectively and efficiently plan, organise, and direct site operatives to ensure programmes and deadlines are met.
- Ensure all works under their charge are carried out safely in accordance with our SHE Management system and that they do not pose a danger to the workers on site, sub-contractors, site visitors or members of the public
- Manage all sub-contractors and site visitors and ensure their safety during works
- Complete all necessary documentation to allow works to start, i.e. 'Site Specific Risk Assessment', etc
- Experience in a similar role in the Highways / Civil industry
- CSCS Supervisor Card essential
- SSSTS or SMSTS essential
- NRSWA preferable
- Good understanding of reading design plans / drawings.
- Excellent understanding of Health & Safety legislations
- First Aid training
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Professional attitude and ability to operate without supervision
- Capable of teaching and developing operatives
- Good commercial awareness
- Night shift allowances
- Subsistence payments
If this is something you think is well suited to you, please call Samantha Sebo at 07815953002.