Our client, a leading civil engineering contractor, are looking to recruit an H&S Manager to be based in their offices in Kent.
Reporting to the Health and Safety Director the successful candidate will be responsible for the planning, organisation, control, monitoring and review of Health and Safety arrangements to enable the company to successfully undertake its operations.
The Health & Safety Manager's role will include:
- Advising the Company on health and safety and environmental legislation issues, to review amendments to legislation and client standards to assess the relevance to the company, making appropriate recommendations.
- Ensuring all company employees are aware of their responsibilities under health and safety and environmental legislation and comply with the processes defined in the Company Procedures Manual.
- Providing advice to company employees, senior managers, managers and staff, on all aspects appertaining to health, safety and environmental matters and in particular advice and guidance on the preparation of Health & Safety Plans, Method Statements, Risk Assessments and other health, safety environmental documentation.
- Arranging and/or carrying out, with the H&S Officer, a programme of site safety and environmental audits and safety inspections, maintain records of audits and inspections and ensure necessary corrective measures are agreed and implemented.
- Arranging and/or carrying out incident/accident investigations, liaising with the client or enforcement authorities as relevant, report the findings to the Managing Director.
- Investigating the environmental implications of the company's activities and suggesting actions which may prove beneficial to the environment, the company or others.
- Continuously seeking, proposing and implementing agreed H&S and environmental performance improvements.
- Preparing and producing regular metrics and reports on the performance of the H&S and environmental management systems.
The successful candidate should possess:
- A sound working knowledge of civil engineering works, building projects and projects carried out within the rail industry.
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate or equivalent.
- Minimum of Tech IOSH or similar and equivalent membership, minimum of AIEMA or similar equivalent institute.
- Network Rail PTS certification desirable.
- Experience in the implementing and monitoring of a Behavioural Based Safety Programme.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Ability to work clearly and accurately under pressure and tight timescales.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication, organisation and team working skills.