Are you looking for your next H&S challenge with a large civil engineering contractor?
The H&S (Health and Safety) Advisor will be an integral part of the SHEQ team providing support and guidance to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all those involved in this specific project. This will be achieved by becoming embedded within the team to eliminate risks during the planning of works and engaging with the supply chain at all levels to ensure the highest standards of SHEQ compliance is achieved.
- Continual promotion of our health and safety ethos and culture at all levels in the Company and with subcontractors.
- Ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation.
- Review Subcontractor documentation including safe systems of works.
- Help prepare health and safety strategies and the development of internal policies.
- Lead and deliver health & safety initiatives to help raises awareness of risks and hazards.
- Assist in the in-house training of managers and employees.
- Carry out regular site inspections to ensure policies and procedures are being fully implemented.
- Upon request carry out accident / incident investigations.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Professionally qualified within SHEQ field (NEBOSH/NCRQ, BSc or MSc in Safety);
- Proven track record as an operational SHEQ Advisor within the Construction industry.
- Thorough knowledge of current Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Knowledge of quality standards, audit procedures and integrated management systems.
- Accident and incident investigation experience.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to positively influence others.
- IT literate.
- CSCS Card.
My client are looking to fill this role before Christmas, so apply now to avoid missing out.