Freelance Project Manager - Leeds
My client, a West Yorkshire based specialist Civil Engineering sub-contractor are currently looking to recruit an experienced Project Manager to lead the successful delivery of a new project in Leeds.
The company specialises in Roads & Sewers, Groundworks, Drainage and Reinforced Concrete packages.
The successful Project Manager will be responsible for the delivery of a new multi-million pound Roads & Sewers package.
The contract will be for a minimum of 18 Months for the initial phase but has the potential to grow to up to 4 years worth of work as the project develops and further phases are released.
- Reporting to a visiting Contracts Manager
- Liaise with client and any consultants engaged in the project
- Writing & updating daily records & RAMS
- Managing health & safety on site
- Procurement of plant, labour & materials for site
- Supervise and monitor the progress and quality of work produced by site labour force and sub-contractors
- Risk analysis
- Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
- Introduce improvements and innovation where possible.
- Formal qualification preferred - e.g. Degree / HND in construction related discipline ideal
- 3 years+ relevant experience
- Commercially aware
- Computer literate
- Ideally from an Engineering background (preferred but not essential)
- First Aid