Our client, a leading civil engineering contractor, are looking to recruit an Environmental Advisor to be based in their offices in Kent.
- Understand the Company Health & Safety and Environmental (SHE) Policies and Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company's operations and ensure the requirements are implemented.
- Provide operational and functional management advice on the practical implementation of the company's Environmental policies and processes including external stakeholders such as customers if necessary.
- Assist SHE Manager or delegate and Contract Management in understanding of stakeholders (internal and external) aims, priorities and risks with regards to Environmental Management
- Undertake and/or assist SHE Manager and/or Contract Management in establishing, managing and maintaining relationships with external stakeholders such as local authorities, EA, Natural England etc
- Assist with and undertake SHE Advisory Visits, Inspections and Audits where required of operational sites. Participate, as requested in "Company" Group SHE audits.
- Research Safety, Health and Environmental Issues and best practices as directed by the SHE Manager or delegate
- When directed, assist with the preparation of environmental studies and assessments and work Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Undertake and/or assist with the monitoring, analysis of and reporting of SHE performance. Utilize data to highlight areas of further consideration, evaluation and intervention
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of SHE training/briefings, as directed.
- Environmental Degree or equivalent
- Grad IEMA or equivalent
- Experience in a SHE role
- Experience of delivering presentations, training etc
- The ability to thrive in pressure situations
- The ability to empathise and communicate with stakeholder and the Contract Team
- Excellent organisations, communication and time management skills
- A passion of SHE and specifically Environment improvement
- Be able to work on own initiative when required