My client, a Tier 1 Civil Engineering contractor is currently looking to recruit an experienced Design Manager to join its Major Projects division, working across Yorkshire delivering large scale Civil Infrastructure projects.
This vacancy has come about due to an increase in workload and expansion as a business unit.
Successful candidates will benefit from working on a range of projects valued £8M - £100M.
- Managing the production of the Contractors Proposals whilst ensuring they are complete and Establishing primary site control
- Establish, maintain and manage effective project design resource and team profile at bid and delivery stages
- Lead and provide a professional, comprehensive and sustainable design service for the customer and key partners / suppliers at bid and delivery stages
- Manage and co-ordinate safely the overall design process through the RIBA design stages challenging the brief and bringing innovation and continuous improvements benefits to the projects at bid and delivery stages
- Ensure completion and compliance of design management departmental procedures at bid and delivery stages
- Involvement with 'design strategy' and approach
- Ensure adherence to the design brief/scope of service and develop a comprehensive scope of service for key stages of project
- Co-ordinate the activities of the design team, contractors and statutory bodies (e.g. Local Authority planners & Building Control/HSE) in line with programme critical dates
- Ensure the design process recognises compliancy issues, current legislation, standards and codes of practice
- Maintain design within cost restraints fully incorporating customers' requirements
- Coordinate change control system and ensure changes are accounted for, authorised and implemented, as necessary, with the project manager and client
- Membership of relevant Professional Institute i.e. CIOB (preferred but not essential)
- Ability to lead and provide a professional, comprehensive and sustainable design service for the Client at Bid/Delivery stage
- Experience on key sectors - Rail, Highways, Structures
- Experience on both single stage tenders and preferred terms work procurement routes
- Experience on bidding and winning work
- Main Contractor experience