A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Commercial Manager to join a main contractor on an upcoming £700m Highways upgrade scheme. The successful candidate will have a strong commercial background with experience of managing and leading a team whilst having a proven record of achieving results.
As Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for;
- Act as Project Commercial Lead in the administration of the contract.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients, subcontractors and key stakeholders.
- Produce Subcontract documentation including negotiation of terms and conditions, prices, and programme.
- Produce and issue all commercial notices, to both the Client and Subcontractors, as required by the form of contract.
- Manage change in a timely manner in accordance with the form of contract, including the production and submission of Compensation Event Quotations.
- Produce, submit, and agree monthly applications, to the Client, in accordance with the form of contract.
- Liaise with operational and engineering staff to ensure site records are kept to the standard required.
- Produce detailed monthly reports and CVR's as required by the business unit or project.
- Produce and maintain a detailed 'Cost Plan', tracking and forecasting expenditure, including detailed schedules of Subcontractor 'liabilities' and use of Oracle based cost analyses.
- Work closely with the Project Manager to ensure accurate planning of expenditure.
- Interpret and critically evaluate expenditure reports produced by internal cost systems.
- Support the Project Manager and others to identify, quantify, and mitigate risks to cost and value.
- Attending weekly progress and risk reduction meetings with the client and subcontractors.
- Responsible for key decision relating to commercial matters alongside the senior operational team.
- Management of teams and the development of all commercial staff to ensure they reach their potential and support their well-being
As Commercial Manager, you will have the following experience and qualifications;
- Hold relevant qualifications (i.e. Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management, ideally RICS qualified)
- Solid track record for delivering major Civils projects as a Commercial Manager
- Good working knowledge and experience with the NEC form of contract and experience working with Highways England
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more, please contact Leo Peat for further information.