Our client is who is a major Tier 1 Civil Engineer Contractor is looking to recruit a Commercial Manager to sit within their Civils division. This is a high profile and strategic programme and as such, our client is looking for a broad range of skills. The Commercial Manager - Civils has a broad remit and responsibilities will be not limited to:
- Define, scope and deliver a range of commercial projects associated with Major Civil Project experience from a value of £50million and above;
- Drive industry leading thinking on the opportunities within the electricity distribution market, creating a more flexible, smarter system.
- Understand and articulate regulatory obligations, ensuring consistent customer flexibility;
- Establish robust working processes to facilitate the implementation of new business models;
- Develop new policy and processes, as required.
- Support and drive stakeholder engagement programmes to ensure that strategy and policy is in line with stakeholder needs.
- Ensure that relevant regulatory and government consultations and information requests are delivered to the required quality and agreed timescales.
- Represent the organisation in external, industry working groups.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in your application for the Commercial Manager position, you must have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Qualified to degree level;
- Proven experience of working with a commercial role in the civil engineering industry;
- Experience of engaging with policy makers and industry parties / regulators to influence policy development;
- Project Management - converting high level policy and direction into realistic internal deliverables and action plans;
- Prince2 Practitioner or equivalent;
- Full working knowledge of NEC options
- Financial budget management;
- Knowledge and experience with Major Projects.
What's on Offer
- Competitive Salary with fantastic Overall package
- Opportunity to work within a Tier 1 contractor
- Full responsibility of delivery of major projects