Our client is looking for an experienced business development / sales manager to join their team to facilitate expansion of the company plant/ equipment hire business within the construction/ demolition industries.
The company currently is now looking to cross over into construction as part of its long term strategy. Current expansion will focus on ventilation systems, with other plant/ equipment planned in the foreseeable future.
- Focus on developing new business and accounts within the construction industry for ventilation and small plant hire.
- Maintain communication with existing client-base to ensure continued support and satisfaction.
- Generate sales leads which can be pursued technically by the engineering team as required.
- Understand client requirements and report/ feedback to engineering development team to identify opportunities within the industry and wider marketplace.
- Research industry requirements and reflect realistic, innovative ideas and opportunities back to the engineering team to facilitate industry expansion.
- Keep up-to-date on current and future projects to ensure prospective clients are given advice and information well in advance of starting works and placing orders.
- Prepare sales plans/ visit reports to present to development team and work closely with the team to develop current and future plans.
Successful candidates will be/ have;
- Knowledge of the construction/ demolition/ RC framework industry as a whole.
- Knowledge of companies within the above industries.
- Field sales experience in construction/ demolition/ building works with a proven track record.
- Good knowledge of ventilation systems (and construction ventilation requirements) would be beneficial, but not essential.
- Willing to travel across the UK (mainly field-based role, though an office will be provided at HQ).
- Ability to learn and understand engineering plant and equipment for use in building/ RC framework construction.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to build stakeholder relationships at any level from site agents up to company directors.
- Product training will be provided for the successful candidate on the existing range of products as part of the induction.
- Self-motivated and organised, with a willingness to succeed.
- Full, clean driving license