Site Manager (Groundworks)
My client, a specialist Groundworks sub-contractor are currently looking to recruit a Site Manager to join their team to lead the successful delivery of a new project in Cambridge.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of a full groundworks package as part of a new Industrial development.
Works will include - Drainage, Foundations, HD Bolts, RC Slabs, Externals etc.
Contract duration will be circa 6 Months.
- Reporting to a visiting Contracts Manager
- Site inductions & toolbox talks
- Writing & updating daily records & RAMS
- Liaise with client and any consultants engaged in the project
- Managing health & safety on site
- Ordering plant & materials for site
- Supervise and monitor the progress and quality of work produced by site labour force and sub-contractors
- Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
- Introduce improvements and innovation where possible.
- 3 years+ relevant experience
- Commercially aware
- Ideally from an Engineering background (preferred but not essential)
- Formal qualification preferred - e.g. HND in construction related discipline ideal
- First Aid
- CSCS Card