Vacancy: Senior Site Manager
Unite People are working alongside a Tier-One construction contractor to hire a Senior Site Manager, based in the North West of the UK.
The successful individual will be self-motivated, forward-thinking, and have experience of successfully leading a team to deliver largescale building projects - preferably multi-storey accommodation, steel frame construction or in a similar field. You will be responsible for ensuring that projects are completed safely, efficiently, and to the highest standards of quality.
- Oversee the planning, execution, and completion of construction projects from start to finish.
- Ensure adherence to project timelines and budgets.
- Manages the relationship with the sub-contractors onsite
- Drive the project Programme
- Drives the pace of the project, planning work ahead
- Ensure there is an efficient monitoring and registration process in place for site staff
- Lead and motivate project teams, including site supervisors, subcontractors, and other construction professionals.
- Leading by example whilst remaining calm under pressure.
- Foster a collaborative and positive working environment.
- Conduct regular team meetings to communicate project goals and expectations.
- Delegate responsibilities to site staff
- Maintain high-quality standards throughout all phases of construction.
- Implement and enforce quality control measures to ensure compliance with project specifications and industry standards.
- Monitors and control costs, budgets and commercial expectations onsite.
- Take ownership for ensuring that HSEQS protocols are adhered to on sites.
- Prioritize and enforce strict adherence to safety protocols and regulations on construction sites.
- Conduct regular safety meetings and inspections to identify and address potential hazards.
- Cultivate strong relationships with clients, addressing concerns and ensuring satisfaction.
- Provide regular project updates and reports to clients, keeping them informed of progress.
Required Qualifications & Training
- Trade or Engineering background
- Preferably a relevant degree or qualification
- CSCS Black Card
- Temporary works Training
- First Aid
- Understanding of the BIM strategy
- Project Management Qualification or course would be beneficial
- Strong People Management experience
- Ability to deal with conflicting priorities and challenging stakeholders and/or sub-contractors
- Strong people skills
This is an excellent opportunity to work with one of the UK's most respected building contractors, whilst adding a flagship project to your resume.
For more information, please contact Brad Burgin at Unite People Sheffield on 07813 398 741 or