Unite People Build are working with a large privately owned construction principal contractor in Manchester. Seeking to hire a Quantity Surveyor for a salary position, to work on major projects in the North West area.
As the Quantity Surveyor based on site. Throughout your career at this award winning business. You will be working on a variety of intricate, complex multi-million schemes in in the North West area. The works you undertake, will always be within one of hour of Manchester. You will play a pivotal role in supporting the commercial teams in various aspects of Quantity Surveying. With the view to progress, to heading up a scheme over time.
You will benefit from working with an experienced commercial team daily, continuously developing your skill-set whilst taking responsibility for significant sub-contractor packages and assisting with monthly commercial reporting
* Collaborate with project teams to monitor and control costs throughout the project lifecycle.
* Procurement of subcontractors and suppliers, ensuring cost-effectiveness and adherence to quality standards.
* Management of sub-contractor accounts. Monthly valuations and variations
* Cost reporting
* Contribute to value engineering and cost-saving initiatives.
* Keep abreast of industry trends, regulations, and best practices.
* Construction related qualification
* Strong analytic and numerical skills.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Proficient in relevant software tools (e.g., Excel, cost estimating software).
* Ability to work collaboratively in a team and take initiative
* Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality work.
* Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses.
* Professional development opportunities
* Excellent benefits package
* Working for a progressive business with excellent staff retention levels
* Opportunities for career advancement within a growing organization.
For further details please get in touch via application, LinkedIn message or call